Yaletown, a former industrial district in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, is known for its rich history, attractive architecture, scenic parks and drinking and dining destinations. Yaletown, now one of the most fashionable areas of the city, is home to many fine drinking establishments. These are the five best:
1. Yaletown Brewing Company: Established in 1994, the Yaletown Brewing Company strives to provide its customers with a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere that brings to mind the best neighborhood pubs. It is a gathering place for people from all walks of life, including local business people, students, artists and tourists. The Brewing Company includes a pub, a restaurant with 160 seats, a fireplace, state-of-the-art television sets and a selection of pool tables.
2. Bar None Nightclub: Open until 2 a.m. on weeknights and 3 a.m. on weekends, the Bar None Nightclub has offered downtown Manhattan-style drinking and nightclub for nearly two decades. Located in the heart of Yaletown’s hotel and restaurant district, the Bar None has an edgy brick and wood design and attracts the best disc jockeys from Vancouver and other major cities. Visitors can enjoy a fully renovated serving area and knowledgeable bartenders serving classic cocktails and other drinks.
3. OPUS Bar: The crown jewel of the highly respected OPUS Hotel, the upscale OPUS bar features spectacular decor marked by glowing pink and lavender patterns. A stylish crowd enjoys expertly prepared classic cocktails and gourmet bar food. The leading disc jockeys in the city play the latest dance hits for a hip clientele. OPUS has been named the most popular nightclub in the city by Zagat.
4. Blue Water Cafe: Attached to a raw bar serving fresh shellfish and other seafood, the Blue Water Cafe offers a full menu of cocktails with an emphasis on a superb selection of wine. The wine list includes classic Champagne from France as well as sparkling wines from the West Coast of the United States, Burgundies and Tuscans from the leading producers of Europe and specialty wines from nearby estates in Canada and the Pacific Northwest.
5. Doolin’s Irish Pub: Known as the home of the perfect pour of Guinness, Doolin’s brings traditional Irish hospitality to Yaletown. Doolin’s boasts a solid mahogany bar that is 30 feet long and an excellent selection of 22 beers on tap. A menu of traditional Irish food, served by staff members wearing Celtic kilts, complements the bar’s drink offerings.
Find out more in Explore Vancouver’s Yaletown Guide